Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU) is located approximately 35 miles from Ayr and has a student population of over 21,000.
GCU is a vibrant, innovative and multi-award winning institution, branded as the University for the Common Good.
With a recent investment of over £45million the university boasts facilities including the Sir Alex Ferguson Library, the GCU Vision Centre, the GCU Law Clinic, the ARC fitness gym and the university’s Caledonian Court student accommodation.
- More building and surveying graduates than anywhere else in the UK.
- Ranked 1st in the UK for Optometry, Radiography and Physiotherapy.
- Major provider of health, social care and life sciences graduates for the NHS.
- The University is ranked fourth in the world and first in the UK for promoting gender equality.
- Top 10 in the UK for Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation and Tourism.
- Higher Education Statistics Agency HESA (2022) states 93% of GCU graduates are either in employment or further study within 15 months of graduating.